Welcome to the Neighborhood Acupuncture Place!

Here you will find answers to your questions about acupuncture as well as simple natural remedies.

Thanks for stopping by.



Powered by Love a Local Business.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Acupuncture is Helping Joplin Missouri Recover

Acupuncturists without Borders have recently set up a mobile clinic in Joplin Missouri to offer the NADA 5 needle ear protocol for those affected by the tornado in Joplin as well as for those helping with the clean up and rebuilding efforts. I wanted to share the stories of what is happening there that I have received from Acupuncturists without Borders. I can not personally go to Missouri to help because I don't have a license to practice acupuncture in Missouri. I would however like to offer a benefit to raise money for the acupuncturists there that are donating their time to help. This benefit would include a treatment just like those being received in Joplin Missouri, all proceeds would go the efforts of Acupuncturists without Borders and the work being done in Joplin. If you have a venue that could hold 15-20 folding chairs for an hour or two or would like to help spread the word about this effort please email me at sarah@clnap.com

Yesterday from Joplin....

Today brings us to about 175 needle treatments in a week, and about 30 seed treatments (which we only started counting a couple of days ago). 

Looking forward, the Salvation Army plans to have the tent up for the next six weeks (which would take us through July 16 if I'm calculating correctly) and we can be there as long as the relationship is positive between us and them (they seem really happy to have us there now). 

Ron and Nate told me they've been treating folks who lost their homes and hearing their stories, and also treating police officers and volunteers, federal marshals and others!  And Ron says they are seeing repeat business!

Here are what past receivers have said after receiving a treatment in Louisiana.

Sarah Zender LAc

Neighborhood Acupuncture Place (NAP)
230 Florence St
Crystal Lake IL 60014
815.893.9825
www.clnap.com


2 comments:

  1. As a Joplin resident seeking to find ways to help heal the community, I am very grateful for this organization!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sarah,

    Thank You so much for your support and encouragement.
    Yesterday was our last day under the tent at 26th n' Main in Joplin and to me, as rewarding as my first day there. I treated just over 30 Folks which was not unusual but I had a wonderful "flurry" just around lunch time when I'd just finished needling six people in our chairs with seven more signing in. I quickly handed out a bunch of wipes, gave a quick group instruction on cleaning the ears and told ALL to bring a chair from wherever they could find one and join in.
    Short story is that of the thirty treated in a nine hour day, twenty were treated in about an hour; I only hope that the recipients benefited nearly as much as I.
    Many Blessings n' Thanks Again,
    Ron Vickery

    ReplyDelete