Welcome to the Neighborhood Acupuncture Place!

Here you will find answers to your questions about acupuncture as well as simple natural remedies.

Thanks for stopping by.



Powered by Love a Local Business.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Recovering from Heart Surgery with Essential Oils

Many of you know what a huge fan I am of Young Living essential oils and that I have been using them for almost 10 years now. Below is a story from another Young Living user and her story using the oils to help heal her scars from heart surgery. My sister had abdominal surgery a few years back and used the oils to help heal her scars as well, her doctors were amazed at her quick recovering time (half the time her doctors anticipated). Take a look at the pictures below

Heartfelt Thanks to Joy Linsley for Sharing Her Personal Recovery from Heart Surgery! 


from her Feb. 7, 2011 newsletter... 

SINCE IT IS THE MONTH OF THE HEART...

I decided (actually it was suggested by my son, Todd) to post before and after photos of my open heart surgery of February '09 - exactly two years ago yesterday - because
he has been so impressed with how my scars healed with the use of our oils.

I have not shared this until now because it is so very personal - and a bit more revealing than my comfort zone allows - but Todd, who took the first two photos - encouraged me to do so to show how beautifully the oils heal, and with the intention that it may help someone else (oh, what we do in the name of love!). I just saw a Barbara Walters Special a couple of nights ago where she interviewed famous people who recently had this same procedure - although for different reasons:  Robin Williams, David Letterman, Bill Clinton, and herself. So it is - unfortunately - a frequently performed procedure.

As many of you may recall, thankfully this procedure was not done because of "disease," but because I was born with a defective (bi-cuspid) aortic valve, that finally had decided
it had worked hard enough and long enough - against all odds.

                                   
The first photo was taken shortly after I arrived home from the hospital - about Day 6 or 7. The large scar at the bottom is where they begin the process to go in to saw the ribcage open and pull it apart to get to the heart, and the two under that are where tubes were inserted to drain fluids.
 Joy 1
                                    
The second photo is a couple of months later.
 Joy 2

                                   
And the third is after a year, although the healing did not take the full year.  
Joy 3 

The result was accomplished with diligent application of our YLEOs, plus applications at various times of Squalene (shark liver oil), aloe, and Vitamin E. 
I used several oils: Frankincense, Helichrysum, Gentle Baby, Myrrh, and Melrose , and also made up a bottle of Nancy Sanderson's Scar-B-Gone Recipe:
10 Helichrysum,
  6 Lavender,
  8 Lemongrass,
  4 Patchouly
  5 Myrrh
  1 oz. V-6

In the beginning, because of all the tape, I could only apply it around the outer edges of the tape. Then when that came off, I still applied around the perimeter of the scars, and also "dropped" a little of the mixtures onto the scar. Many of the oils I chose were for "healing and rebuilding" the tissue, but the Melrose was important to me to prevent infection. Definitely didn't want to go there!!

I still place orders on the 2nd of every month if you need anything or ask me how to set you up with your own account. 

Sarah Zender LAc

Neighborhood Acupuncture Place (NAP)
230 Florence St
Crystal Lake IL 60014
www.CLNAP.com
815.893.9825

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this!! My man is scheduled for his second aortic valve replacement next week. I was looking for how I can help him heal better this time. I was not with him for His first surgery and the scar is horrendous. Here's hoping for better results this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all congratulations and you look wonderful! I am new to the essential oils. Did you make a blend of the Frankincence, Helichrysum, Gentle Baby, Myrrh, and Melrose? or did you use them individually at different times. My husband is just out of open heart surgery as I write this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. best gastro hospital in hyderabad

    ReplyDelete