Welcome to the Neighborhood Acupuncture Place!

Here you will find answers to your questions about acupuncture as well as simple natural remedies.

Thanks for stopping by.



Powered by Love a Local Business.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Self Care for Pain

Last week I don't know what happened but in the middle of the day my foot started to bother me and it just started to get worse. I was limping around and in a panic because my brother's wedding was on Saturday and I was trying to figure out how I would be able to walk and dance in heels.

Wednesday I brought out 'old injury' liniment and soaked a cotton ball and rubbed it over my foot and then soaked a paper towel and let it rest on my foot while I worked. At lunch I took out a dish tub and filled it with Detoxify bath salts from NAP @home and soaked my feet for 20 minutes.

The next day I could walk with just slight discomfort and by wedding day my foot pain was a distant memory.

What is Old Injury liniment?

Old Injury is a blend of Chinese herbs that are cooked and then soaked in vodka for a min of six months. The older the 'brew' the more potent the herbs. Old injury can be used for just about any injury that is older then 72 hours and is particularly useful with bruises and pain that gets worse when its cold, rainy, snowy and/or windy. Wrap the area in the liniment and leave on for as long as you can 1- 8 hours. Its best to avoid if the area in pain feels warm to the touch or is inflamed.

NAP is now carrying Old Injury liniment in 4 oz spray bottles for $15.

Sarah Canga-Arguelles

Neighborhood Acupuncture Place (NAP)
230 Florence St
Crystal Lake IL 60014
815.893.9825

No comments:

Post a Comment