Welcome to the Neighborhood Acupuncture Place!

Here you will find answers to your questions about acupuncture as well as simple natural remedies.

Thanks for stopping by.



Powered by Love a Local Business.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A Must-Have When Traveling

The first time I visited Guatemala I made two big mistakes: 1. I didn't bring any herbs with me and 2. I brushed my teeth with the water. By the second week of our trip I was spending so much time in the bathroom I wasn't sure if I'd ever be able to leave and it took probably 2 months after returning home before my body recovered completely.

For our wedding in Guatemala I wanted to make sure I didn't make the same mistakes and more importantly, make sure my family didn't get sick either. There is alot to adjust to besides the water. Your body is on a new time schedule even if the clocks haven't changed. The food is prepared differently despite an abundance of U.S. chain restuarants everywhere. There is a whole new culture to acclimate to as well. Just being nervous about being in a new country can bring on tummy troubles.

The Chinese herbal formula Xiang Lian Wan or commonly referred to as Traveler's Aid is a very safe and effective remedy for upset stomach or food and/or water poisoning. The 2 herbs in this formula has an antibacterial affect and is calming to stomach cramping. There are few adverse side effects to taking this formula but it is important to note that this formula should not be taken long term and should be used only as needed.

It is highly recommended to take a bottle with you when traveling. I took maybe 2 or 3 doses while in Guatemala as prevention when I started to notice my stomach feeling a little off and sailed through the trip without any problems.

Sarah Canga-Arguelles (Zender)

Neighborhood Acupuncture Place (NAP)
230 Florence St
Crystal Lake IL 60014
www.clnap.com
815.893.9825

No comments:

Post a Comment